Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha Mascot
Hours vary, dependent upon events and need. Each appearance would be a minimum of 2 hours including driving to site and being in character.
How to Apply:
Perform as Dennis the Dog at Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha and community events with the core purpose of raising awareness in the community of the Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha.
- Friendly and outgoing individual with a willingness and desire to have fun
- Good with spontaneous crowd-interaction
- Attend events as specified by supervisor as Dennis the Dog
- Personally interact with children and adults at events
- Create goodwill in the community
- Represent the Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha and our mission in a positive manner
- Be available on days, evening and weekends for special events
- Must be flexible to meet time, priority and workload demands
- Ability to troubleshoot situations without delay and act accordingly
- Ability to walk and interact with people in crowded spaces.
- Ensure a team based work environment by communicating effectively and positively with supervisors, public and volunteers
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Mascot/acting/drama experience is preferred, but not required.
- Physical requirements to fit costume is a height of 5’5 – 6’2
- Have a creative and humorous personality.
- Highly motivated, energetic and talented individual
- Excellent non-verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills (especially with children)
- Must be reliable and punctual
- Must be available to work flexible hours
- Ability to work in a costume.
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to sit and climb stairs.
- Possess an adequate level of manual dexterity and sense of balance.
- Possess good near distance acuity (20 feet or less), far distance acuity (more than 20 feet), three dimensional depth perception and color distinction.
- Ability to tolerate environmental conditions: air conditioning, heat, dust fumes, noise, close quarters, etc.
- Ability to lift and move objects weighing up to 50 pounds.