Lincoln Park Outpost- Site Supervisor
Site Hours: June 18th- August 17th -12pm-6pm, Monday- Friday**
**Candidates hired will start in early June for training, preparation, etc.
Director of Outreach & Prevention
How to Apply:
Applicants can apply by submitting a resume with cover letter to the Director of Outreach & Prevention, Felicia Dalton, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Lincoln Park Outpost Site Supervisor is responsible for organizing, supervising, and leading both the outpost and staff to ensure that it is positive, encouraging, respectful, and fun environment for all involved. A high priority is placed on communication, organization, and risk management with this position.
- Supervise staff to ensure performance of daily required duties and tasks
- Oversee the safety of all enrolled participants while carrying out programs and activities set for by Director of Teen Services.
- Effectively administer programs and activities for youth ages 6-18 in a high volume, fast paced environment.
- Develop lesson plans, and implement programs according to the plans.
- Promote and develop leadership skills in members.
- Implement and enforce all Club rules and policies with the members.
- Ensure a safe, clean, healthy and positive environment in the park area and the Oribiletti Center.
- Maintain and utilize appropriate and adequate equipment for programs.
- Actively supervise and engage members at all times.
- Follow established policies and procedures of the BGCK youth and teen centers.
- Model and encourage positive and constructive behavior for all members.
- Do safety checks of your program area and equipment and report any findings.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment of assigned program area(s).
- Participate in scheduled staff meetings and trainings.
- This position requires implementing high energy sports/athletic programs outdoors in the park area with youth in a group setting.
- This position requires standing for long periods of time.
- This position may require lifting items up to 50lbs.
- Staff must wear their ID badge and a BGC shirt at all times.
- Ensure a team based work environment by communicating effectively and positively with supervisors, co-workers, volunteers and other community partners.
- Make recommendations regarding member’s needs, program ideas, and facility needs.
- May be asked to participate in special programs and or events. These events may be scheduled at times when the Club is not open.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Assumes responsibility for the Oribiletti Center when the Director of Teen Services is not in the building. Opens and closes building.
- Must be a high school graduate or possess a GED; college coursework in recreation, education, social work, or related field preferred
- Must be organized, responsible, professional, and able to coordinate a wide variety of activities each week
- Must have the ability to solve problems as they arise and be able to perform tasks without direct supervision
- Ability to effectively operate a computer and programs used by the Club i.e. (Microsoft Office, MTS Visions).
- Must be highly motivated and able to assume a positive and active role in the camp, even while working under potentially stressful conditions (hot or cold weather, upset or injured participants, etc.)
- Ability to work scheduled hours.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior.
- Good driving record, valid driver’s license and proof of valid automobile insurance
- 2 years of experience working at a summer camp or in a similar setting
- Experience supervising staff or volunteers, especially in a recreation setting, preferred
- Experience in planning and implementing daily lesson plans
- Frequent walking, running, standing, reaching, bending
- Majority of work is outside, summer weather conditions
- May be exposed to occasional inclement weather including heat, humidity, cold, rain, and wind