Youth Services Coordinator
Director of Youth Services
How to Apply:
Applicants can apply by submitting a resume to Andrea Prichard at [email protected]
Salary Range: $34,000-36,000
Responsible for the development, implementation and supervision of after school service programs for youth ages 6-12 at the Boys & Girls Club Youth Centers. Primarily responsible for overseeing the delivery of a broad range of programs by assisting program staff to plan, develop, and implement programs and activities that reflect both the Core Program Areas of the Boys & Girls Club and grant objectives.
Prepare Youth for Success
- Plan and oversee the administration of designated programs and activities that support Youth Development Outcomes.
- Ensure programs, services and activities prepare youth for success, promoting safety of members and quality in programs at all times.
- Demonstrate leadership to assure conduct, safety and development of members.
Program Development and Implementation
- Establish program objectives consistent with organizational goals and mission.
- Oversee program activities in accordance with established standards and goals, ensuring the health and safety of members at all times.
- When Youth Center is open responsible for being on the floor at all times evaluating and coaching staff.
- Ensure the evaluation of programs on a continual basis and make sure that programs/activities respond to member needs and address their gender and cultural diversity.
- Provide regular feedback to program staff to develop skill in program development and implementation.
- Manage grant implementation, record keeping and reporting following the established guidelines of Grantors.
- Manage relationships, schedule and set up programming with any outside organizations.
- Manage all program volunteers through, interviewing, paperwork, volunteer manual and scheduling their time.
- Develop system to track volunteers and volunteer hours.
- Contacting members to inform them about membership expiring.
- Develop relationships and be a liaison to staff with parents/guardians.
- Assist in implementation of bussing program.
- Assist in hiring and supervising program specialists.
- Support in assisting staff with behavior management of members in the Youth Center.
- Provide program support to Youth Center through regular program evaluations.
- Assist in problem solving the day to day operations in the Youth Center.
- Identify and support training and development opportunities for assigned volunteers and staff. Assist in training staff on program implementation.
- Oversee proper record keeping and reporting including membership, activities and events. Including breakdown of daily participation and any problems/issues.
- Assist in written evaluations of staff.
- Assist Director of Youth Services in the development and implementation of a strategic planning process including the development of annual program objectives.
- Initiate new programs and develop and maintain community partnerships.
- Assist Program Specialists in planning, organizing and implementing programs and activities for members.
- Initiate new programs and develop and maintain community partnerships
- Maintain consistent communications with school principals and staff as needed.
- Assist with the development and management of annual budgets.
- Purchase supplies in accordance with budgets.
- Oversee the implementation of special programs and events.
- Will be required to drive Club van.
- Work with parents and members concerning any problems or issues.
- Represent the Boys & Girls club on appropriate committees as directed.
- Attend necessary meetings and trainings.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Internal: Maintain close, daily contact with staff and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain or interpret guidelines/instructions; instruct, and advise/counsel staff.
External: Maintain contact as needed with external community groups, schools, members, parents and others to assist in resolving problems
- Four year degree in related field from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
- Experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar organization planning and supervising and implementing programs based on the developmental needs of young people.
- Ability to effectively operate a computer and programs used by the Boys & Girls Club.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Group leadership skills, including an understanding of group dynamics.
- Demonstrated organizational, staff, and project management abilities.
- Demonstrated ability working with youth, parents, and community leaders.
- Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certifications.
- Drivers License required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to walk, stand, sit and climb stairs.
- Possess an adequate level of manual dexterity and sense of balance.
- Possess good near distance acuity (20 feet or less), far distance acuity (more than 20 feet), three dimensional depth perception and color distinction.
- Ability to tolerate environmental conditions: air conditioning, heat, dust fumes, noise, close quarters, etc.
- Ability to lift and move objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.