Seasonal Parks Grounds and Maintenance Worker
Facilities and Maintenance Manager
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates may complete an Employee Application and submit to the Facilities and Maintenance Manager, Brenden Schulz, at [email protected] or at the front desk at the Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha, 1330 52nd Street, Kenosha, WI 53140.
Under limited supervision, performs a variety of semi-skilled work in the park maintenance department of The Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha properties, light custodial work, as well as related duties as assigned. Experience preferred, but willing to train.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate equipment such as, but not limited to lawn mowers (riding and push), club cart, trimmers, edger, and paint sprayer.
- Grooming and chalking ball fields.
- Perform park grounds tasks such as, but not limited to cutting, trimming, and edging of grass.
- Use paint sprayer to line football fields.
- Custodial work such as, but not limited to sweeping, mopping, cleaning bathrooms, disposing of trash, light painting.
- Report any concerns regarding to equipment/building to supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills:
- Knowledge of tools and equipment used in parks maintenance/custodial work.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with BGCK staff and the public.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Skills in following safety practices and recognizing hazards
- Skill in using park equipment and tools.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Work involves moderate to heavy work in all types of weather. There is frequent need to stand, stop, bend, walk, lift heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) and perform other similar actions during the course of the workday. The Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment.
- A valid driver’s license and insurance is required
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of athletics desired
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.