Hours will be 18-20 hours per week, after-school.
Greet members by name and check them in to the member tracking system (MTS) on a daily basis, making sure they are checked in appropriately. Ensure that all members are checked out at the end of the day. Greet and welcome parents and visitors.
Learning Center Responsibilities:
- Input program attendance daily from completed program attendance sheets provided by program staff.
- As member applications are received make sure they are entered into MTS.
- Assist with snack and report the snack count.
- Answer the site phone by the third ring and greet the caller by saying “Jefferson after school program how may I help you”.
- Ability to effectively use and work in MTS.
- Implement and enforce all site rules and policies with the members.
- Maintain an orderly and clean member check in area.
- File all membership applications.
- Model and encourage positive and constructive behavior to all members
- Participate in scheduled staff meetings and trainings.
- Staff must wear their ID badge wear a BGC shirt.
- Ensure a team based work environment by communicating effectively and positively with supervisors, co-workers and volunteers.
- Make recommendations regarding member’s needs, program ideas, and facility needs.
- May be asked to participate in special programs and or events. These events may be scheduled at times when the site is not open.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 16 or older
- Ability to work scheduled hours.
- Experience working with youth.
- Ability to effectively operate a computer and programs used by the site.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior.
How to Apply:
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.