Bus Driver Afterschool Program
Monday-Thursday 2:00pm-4:30pm; Friday 11:00am-1:30pm (no driving on non-school days)
Director of Youth Services
The Afterschool Program Bus Driver is responsible for transporting youth from Kenosha Elementary Schools. The bus driver position requires a valid driver’s license, excellent vision, quick response time, and the ability to handle any emergencies that occur on the bus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Watch traffic and people carefully to ensure the safety of youth getting on and off the bus.
- Perform safety check on bus before driving each day.
- Ensure safe and timely pick-up/drop off of youth.
- Keep order and safety on the bus.
- Report disciplinary problems to the Director of Youth Services or the Youth Services Coordinator.
- Must have adequate knowledge of traffic laws and road signs and adhere strictly to them.
- The Bus driver must be safety consciousness and must think about the safety of his/her passengers and other road users.
- The bus Driver must be focused, confident, and observant while driving.
- Report any incident or traffic situation that may cause delay to the Director of Youth Services or the Youth Services Coordinator.
- Report any incident or accident to the Director of Youth Services or the Youth Services Coordinator.
- History of previous employment operating a vehicle.
- Must have clean driving record and must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must possess an in-depth knowledge of traffic regulations and road signs, and must obey them.
- Possesses a strong sense of direction.
- Demonstrates quick response time.
- Exhibits cautious and responsible driving habits.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- The Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment.
- Ability to walk, stand, sit and climb stairs.
- Possess an adequate level of manual dexterity and sense of balance.
- Possess good near distance acuity (20 feet or less), far distance acuity (more than 20 feet), three dimensional depth perception and color distinction.
- Ability to tolerate environmental conditions: air conditioning, heat, dust fumes, noise, close quarters, etc.
- Working hours will be spent on the bus.
- Some time may also be spent waiting for pick-up and drop-off times.
- High school diploma or GED.
- A valid driver’s license and insurance is required.
- Must be able to pass criminal background check.
How to Apply:
Masks are required on the bus.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.