Monday-Thursday 2:30-7pm and Fridays from 11:30am-5:00pm
Non-school days: 12 -5pm
$12-14 per hour
Director of Youth Services/Youth Services Coordinator/Site Director
How to Apply:
Applicants can apply by and filling out an Employment Application and submitted it along with a resume to Andrea Prichard at [email protected]
Responsible for overseeing the delivery of a broad range of programs with a primary focus on the arts. Implement, supervise and evaluate all arts programs for members ages 6-12.
- Effectively administer programs and activities for youth age 6-12.
- Develop lesson plans, and implement programs according to the plans.
- Maintain an inventory of all program equipment and supplies. Recommend purchases.
- Recruit and encourage members to participate in the Boys & Girls Club of America Fine Arts Program.
- Help to implement a drop-in-center Art Show for the National Fine Arts Competition.
- Display member’s artwork around the drop-in-center.
- Promote Arts Room programs to members at the drop in center such as, but not limited to Image Makers, Sculpting, drawing, creative writing, etc.
- Recruit and encourage members to participate in Performing Arts programs.
- Implement performances for the center, and in the community
- Promote programs to members at the drop in center such as, but not limited to all types of dance, theater, singing, composing, poetry and more.
- Initiate new programs.
- Develop and maintain community partnerships for program collaborations.
- Implement and enforce all Club rules and policies with the members.
- Ensure a safe, healthy and positive environment in the Arts Rooms, Theater as well as the rest of the drop in center.
- Maintain and utilize appropriate and adequate equipment for programs.
- Actively supervise and engage members at all times.
- Increase visibility of Club programs
- Follow established policies and procedures of the drop-in center.
- Model and encourage positive and constructive behavior of all members.
- Do safety checks of your program area and equipment and report any findings.
- Maintain and a clean and safe environment of assigned program area.
- Monitor and evaluate programs in conjunction with the Director of Youth Services
- Participate in scheduled staff meetings and trainings.
- Staff must wear their ID badge and a BGC shirt.
- Ensure a team based work environment by communicating effectively and positively with supervisors, co-workers and volunteers.
- Make recommendations regarding members’ needs, program ideas, and facility needs.
- May be asked to participate in special programs and or events. These events may be scheduled at times when the Club is not open.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to work scheduled hours.
- Experience working with youth ages 6-12
- Ability to effectively operate a computer and programs used by the Club.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.