Teen Center Computer Lab Specialist
During the School Year – Monday – Thursday from 3:00pm-8:00pm, Fridays from 2:00pm-6:00pm
Non-School Days and Summer from 12:00pm-5:00pm.
Director of Teen Services
Up to $15.00/hr depending on experience
Implement, supervise and evaluate all programs and activities in the program area of the Computer Lab for members ages 13-18.
- Promote Computer Lab programs to members at the drop in center such as, but not limited to Netsmartz, Skill Tech, Music Makers etc.
- Effectively administer computer programs and activities for youth age 13-18.
- Ensure a safe, healthy and positive environment in the Computer Lab as well as the rest of the drop in center.
- Monitor all members’ computer usage to ensure they are on safe internet sites.
- Implement and enforce all Club rules and policies with the members.
- Maintain and utilize appropriate and adequate equipment for programs.
- Actively supervise and engage members at all times.
- Follow established policies and procedures of the drop-in center.
- Model and encourage positive and constructive behavior of all members.
- Do safety checks of your program area and equipment and report any findings.
- Maintain and a clean and safe environment of assigned program area.
- Monitor and evaluate programs in conjunction with the Program Director.
- Participate in scheduled staff meetings and trainings.
- Ensure a team based work environment by communicating effectively and positively with supervisors, co-workers and volunteers.
- Make recommendations regarding member’s needs, program ideas, and facility needs.
- May be asked to participate in special programs and or events. These events may be scheduled at times when the Club is not open.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of computers and computer programming.
- Ability to teach computer skills to youth ages 13-18.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to work scheduled hours.
- Experience working with youth ages 13-18
- Ability to effectively operate a computer and programs used by the Club.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior.
How to Apply:
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.