Teen Services Coordinator
Director of Teen Services
Implement, supervise, develop, and evaluate all programs, activities, services and special events in the program area of Teen Programming for members ages 13-18.
- Assist in the delivery of teen programs, activities, and events as directed for youth ages 13-18.
- Assist in the delivery of a variety of athletic programs, activities, and events as directed for youth ages 13-18.
- Develop lesson plans and implement programs according to program schedule.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with teen members.
- Safely secure, maintain and utilize program materials/equipment in program areas.
- Work with teens to develop academic and career goals.
- Promote and develop leadership skills in teen members.
- Develop collaborations with colleges using interns to help with homework.
- Promote Teen programs to members at the drop in center, such as, but not limited to Career Launch, Keystone Club, Money Matters etc.
- Implement and enforce all Club rules and policies with the members.
- Ensure a safe, healthy, and positive environment in the Teen Center as well as the drop-in center.
- Actively supervise and engage members at all times.
- Follow established policies and procedures of the drop-in center.
- Model and encourage positive and constructive behavior of all members.
- Monitor and evaluate programs in conjunction with the Director of Teen Services
- Provide support for the Director of Youth Employment
- Provide supportive services to employment program case managed youth
- Transport youth as needed to and from scheduled appointments
- Document case managed youth activities
- Data entry (ASSET and Microsoft ACCESS experience preferred, however not required)
- File management experience
- Safely transport teen members to field trips and or special events using club vehicle.
- Participate in scheduled staff meetings and trainings.
- Ensure a team based work environment by communicating effectively and positively with supervisors, co-workers, and volunteers.
- Make recommendations regarding member’s needs, program ideas, and facility needs.
- May be asked to participate in special programs and or events. These events may be scheduled at times when the Club is not open.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Assumes responsibility for the Teen Center when the Director is not in the building. Opens and closes Teen Center.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- MS Office and web competency preferred.
- Ability to work scheduled hours.
- Experience working with youth ages 13-18
- Ability to effectively operate a computer and programs used by the Club.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Direct experience providing athletics/fitness programs for youth.
- Knowledge of trends in fitness, developmental games, and other athletic activities.
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior.
- Ability to work independently and in a team effort.
- Good driving record, valid driver’s license, and personal liability insurance .
How to Apply:
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.