Teen Center Sports and Fitness Specialist
Director of Teen Services
Implement, supervise, and evaluate all programs and activities in the program area of Sports and Fitness for members ages 13-18.
- Effectively administer programs and activities for youth aged 13-18.
- Develop lesson plans and implement programs according to the plans.
- Promote Sports and Fitness programs to members at the drop in center such as, but not limited to Triple Play, different sports including skills and game play, Physical Fitness Programming etc.
- Implement and enforce all Club rules and policies with the members.
- Ensure a safe, healthy, and positive environment in the Gym as well as the rest of the drop in center.
- Maintain and utilize appropriate and adequate equipment for programs.
- Actively supervise and engage members at all times.
- Follow established policies and procedures of the drop-in center.
- Model and encourage positive and constructive behavior of all members.
- Do safety checks of your program area and equipment and report any findings.
- Maintain and a clean and safe environment of assigned program area.
- Monitor and evaluate programs in conjunction with the Program Director.
- Participate in scheduled staff meetings and trainings.
- Ensure a team based work environment by communicating effectively and positively with supervisors, co-workers, and volunteers.
- Make recommendations regarding member’s needs, program ideas, and facility needs.
- May be asked to participate in special programs and or events. These events may be scheduled at times when the Club is not open.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED and be at least 21 years of age.
- Ability to work scheduled hours:
- Mon-Thurs 4:00-8:00 p.m. Fri 3:00-6:00 p.m. (during the school year)
- Mon-Fri 12:00-5:00 p.m. (during the summer and non-school days)
- Experience working with youth ages 13-18
- Ability to effectively operate a computer and programs used by the Club.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior.
How to Apply:
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.