Teen Program Specialist
During the School Year – Monday – Thursday from 3:00pm-8:00pm, Fridays from 2:30pm-6:00pm
Non-School Days and Summer from 12:00pm-5:00pm.
$12.00/hr – $13.50/hr
Director of Teen Services
Implement, supervise, develop and facilitate programs and activities in the program area for members ages 13-18.
- Effectively administer programs and activities for youth age 13-18.
- Develop lesson plans, and implement programs according to the plans with support from Director of Teen Services.
- Develop relationships with teens to ensure trust and confidence in them, to recruit them to participate in programs and increase membership.
- Promote and develop leadership skills within members.
- Help teens in developing relationships with role models and mentors.
- Promote Teen Center programs to members at the drop in center, such as, but not limited to Career Launch, College Prep, Money Matters, Tech Programs etc.
- Implement and enforce all Club rules and policies with the members.
- Ensure a safe, healthy and positive environment in the Teen Areas as well as the rest of the drop in center.
- Maintain and utilize appropriate and adequate equipment for programs.
- Actively supervise and engage members at all times.
- Follow established policies and procedures of the drop-in center.
- Model and encourage positive and constructive behavior of all members.
- Do safety checks of your program area and equipment and report any findings.
- Maintain and a clean and safe environment of assigned program area.
- Monitor and evaluate programs in conjunction with the Director of Teen Services.
- Participate in scheduled staff meetings and trainings.
- Ensure a team based work environment by communicating effectively and positively with supervisors, co-workers and volunteers.
- Make recommendations regarding member’s needs, program ideas, and facility needs.
- May be asked to participate in special programs and or events. These events may be scheduled at times when the Club is not open.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to work scheduled hours.
- Experience working with youth ages 13-18
- Ability to effectively operate a computer and programs used by the Club.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving history preferred.
- Ability to work scheduled hours
- Monday-Friday 12:00-5:00 p.m.
- During school year
- Monday-Thursday 3:00-8:00 p.m.
- Friday 2:30-6:00 p.m.
How to Apply:
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.