TITLE: Sports Marketing Spring Intern
REPORTS TO: Assistant Sports Director
The Sports Department is looking to hire an intern for the Spring 2019 Semester. This is an unpaid internship and includes nights/weekends. All interested candidates should reach out to Danny Steenrod at [email protected]
The Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha is looking for a creative and driven sports marketing intern to assist in capturing sporting events through photo and video, creating narratives to share about sports leagues, running social media platforms, and promoting upcoming leagues. This person will work under the Assistant Sports Director and have a chance to learn how BGC Sports runs their social media accounts, executes events and games, and much more.
- Post content to social media platforms.
- Edit social media graphics.
- Write narratives, descriptions, and other marketing content.
- Analyze social media data.
- Basic photography and videography.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Interact positively with coaches and young athletes.
- Communicate any errors with supervisor.
- Ability to work with others and give/take direction.
- The sports marketing intern will works under the Sports Director and Assistant Sports Director. This person will also interact with coaches, referees, parents, and participants of sports leagues.
- Ensure a team based work environment by communicating effectively and positively with supervisors, athletes and volunteers.
- Make recommendations regarding marketing and other creative ideas.
- Ensure a positive attitude and representation of the Boys & Girls Club is had while completing on site duties
SKILL/KNOWLEDGE/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Must be 18 years old or older.
- Interested in pursuing a career in digital media.
- Strong writing skills.
- Strong interest in sports is a plus.
- Able to work non-traditional hours, in non-traditional settings, within a sports atmosphere.
- Experience working with people.
- Ability to walk, stand, sit and climb stairs.
- Possess an adequate level of manual dexterity and sense of balance.
- Possess good near distance acuity (20 feet or less), far distance acuity (more than 20 feet), three dimensional depth perception and color distinction.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.