Seasonal Parks Grounds/Maintenance Worker
Maintenance and Parks Manager
Under limited supervision, performs park maintenance, a variety of tasks in the maintenance and cleaning of Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha properties; and performs related duties as assigned.
Parks Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate equipment such as, but not limited to lawn mowers (riding and push), club cart, trimmers, edger, and paint sprayer.
- Grooming and chalking ball fields.
- Perform park grounds tasks such as, but not limited to cutting, trimming, and edging of grass.
- Use paint sprayer to line athletic fields.
- Custodial work such as, but not limited to sweeping, mopping, cleaning bathrooms, disposing of trash, light painting.
- Report any concerns regarding to equipment/building to supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills:
- Knowledge of tools and equipment used in parks maintenance/custodial work.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with BGCK staff and the public.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Skills in following safety practices and recognizing hazards
- Skill in using park equipment and tools.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Work involves moderate to heavy work in all types of weather. There is frequent need to stand, stop, bend, walk, lift heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) and perform other similar actions during the course of the workday. The Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment.
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of athletics desired
How to Apply:
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.