Facilities & Maintenance Director/Director of Operations
Administer, coordinate and evaluate all maintenance services in such a manner as to provide effective, efficient maintenance services throughout the facilities of the Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha.
Key Roles (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Directs, supervises and coordinates all aspects of maintenance services.
- Troubleshoots maintenance problems involving electrical, structural, plumbing, and equipment repair or replacement.
- Performs preventive building maintenance duties.
- Performs routine plumbing repairs such as unstopping toilets, sinks or urinals, fixing water leaks, leaking faucets, and water fountains.
- Performs routine electrical repairs such as changing light bulbs or fluorescent lamps and assists in repairing ballast and light fixtures.
- Purchases supplies, equipment, and materials necessary to complete projects.
- Assembles and moves furniture, hangs pictures and bulletin boards, makes name plates,
- Repairs and replaces door knobs or locks, repairs door closures, patches holes in walls.
- Paints interior and exterior walls.
- Inspects control panels and electrical wiring to identify issues.
- Performs preventive maintenance procedures on building mechanical equipment on a scheduled basis; inspects belts, checks fluid levels, replaces filters, greases bearings, seals, etc.; repairs or replaces broken parts.
- Maintains records of scheduled maintenance procedures.
- Completes routine and preventative maintenance, cleaning and inspection of buildings, structures, plumbing, electrical fixtures, appliances, HVAC equipment and any other facility maintenance components.
- Maintain BGCK vehicles and record safety and maintenance logs for buses.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES IN COORDINATION WITH FACILITIES MANAGER:
- Responds to emergency facility and maintenance requests.
- Coordinate with Director of Operations to meet BGCA membership safety requirements including running safety training, emergency drills, and performing an annual safety walkthrough.
- Review and assign tasks requested on facility dude.
- Monitor and control monthly expenses for facility services operations against budget Plan.
- Obtain quotes for approved upgrades, repairs and other services.
- Build and maintain relationships with vendors.
- Participate in safety and facilities committees.
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal safety regulations.
- Purchases supplies with supervisor approval as necessary for building operations from suppliers, vendors and Contractors.
- Maintains inventory control system for equipment and supplies.
- Ensure rooms are set up as requested.
- Assist in setup, tear down and planning of Special Events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Perform grounds task such as but not limited to snow removal, mowing edging, trimming.
- Performs and assists with grounds tasks at CYC Park such as, but not limited to mowing, prep of ball fields, maintenance of equipment and building.
- Rotates weekend coverage as needed
Maintains close contact with BGCK staff to provide assistance in matters of programming and operations; interacts regularly with Facilities Manager, CEO, Director of Operations and as assigned with the Board and its Committees.
Maintains contact with vendors and contractors.
- A minimum of five years’ work experience performing maintenance management or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Driver’s License, good driving record, personal liability insurance (100,000/300,000) and insurability with BGCK insurance carrier required.
- Considerable knowledge of: the mission, objectives, policies, programs and procedures of Boys & Girls Clubs; of the principles and practices of non-profit organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, direct and coordinate operations; facilities maintenance management; and budget management.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and to develop solutions to problems with limited supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Club staff, subordinates, Board members, community groups, and other related agencies.
- The ability to operate a computer and related software.
- Proficient in trades related to building maintenance and repair.
- Proficient with machinery, equipment, and tools necessary for the maintenance and repair of public buildings.
- Proficient in knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Proficient in reading and following blueprints and assembly instructions.
- Proficient in following safety practices and recognizing hazards.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with BGCK staff and the public.
- Proficient in HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems.
- Proficient in using a variety of hand and power tools.
- Operate appropriate lifts as needed to perform duties of the job.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
Work involves moderate to heavy work in all types of weather. There is frequent need to stand, stoop, walk, lift heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) and perform other similar actions during the course of the workday. The Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment.
How to Apply:
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.