Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha
Job Title: Sports Director
Reports To: Director of Operations and CEO
Salary Range: $45,000 – $55,000
How to Apply: Applicants can apply by emailing resume to the Director of Operations, Kathy Holland, at [email protected]
The Sports Director oversees all operations of the Sports Department. This includes the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of athletic programs and activities; providing leadership to and supervision of employees and volunteer staff, and managing equipment and supplies. This position also oversees all aspects related to concessions and all athletic rentals.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING TO HIRE:
Looking for a highly motivated, hardworking, positive minded leader who is willing to work nights, weekends and oversee all things related to the BGC Sports Department.
- Responsible for budget creation and oversight. This includes all things related to the sports department, rentals, concessions, and related staff.
- Establish annual membership and participation goals for each sport. Develop and implement strategies to meet membership goals.
- Report financial and participation numbers on a consistent and timely basis.
Program Development and Implementation
- Responsible for the development, overall daily operations, and expansion of youth athletic programs. This includes scheduling, creation of PR materials, recruiting volunteers, registration and branding.
- Oversees traditional sports including soccer, football, basketball, golf, baseball, softball leagues and more.
- Responsible for new program development for youth and adults.
- Consult with parents, spectators and families concerning member issues.
- Work in conjunction with CEO to develop long range plan for BGC Sports.
- Directly supervise, hire, schedule, train and evaluate Assistant Sports Director, Sports Administration Specialist, coaches, officials, interns, volunteers and other part time employees.
- Responsible to train the Assistant Athletic Director and in all areas of managing concessions including scheduling, stocking, staffing, deposits and reconciliation of money.
- Responsible to train the Sports Administration Specialist on all aspects related to managing rentals and other administrative duties.
Facility and Equipment Responsibilities
- Work with the Facilities Director to maintain fields and make sure they are ready for play as scheduled.
- Ensure a healthy and safe environment; make certain facilities, equipment and supplies are inventoried and well maintained.
- Develop and maintain positive partnerships with parents, community leaders, educational leaders, and community based athletic organizations.
- Recruit and build relationships with existing and new sponsors.
- Represent BGC on appropriate committees.
- Attend required BGC and athletic trainings and meetings.
- Adhere to BGCK and BGCA policies, procedures and membership requirements.
- Four-year degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of two years of experience planning and supervising in a related field.
- Solid understanding of traditional athletic sports including rules, training, staffing, and equipment needs.
- Driver’s License, good driving record, and personal liability insurance required.
- CPR and First Aid Certification (will be provided if not currently certified).
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to walk, stand, sit and climb stairs.
- Possess an adequate level of manual dexterity and sense of balance.
- Possess good near distance acuity (20 feet or less), far distance acuity (more than 20 feet), three dimensional depth perception and color distinction.
- Ability to tolerate environmental conditions: air conditioning, heat, dust fumes, noise, close quarters, etc.
- Ability to lift and move objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.