Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha
Job Title: Sports Administration Specialist
Reports To: Sports Director
Salary Range: $33,000 – $38,000
How to Apply: Applicants can apply by emailing resume to the Director of Operations, Kathy Holland, at [email protected]
The Sports Administration Specialist provides administrative support to the sports department. This position is responsible for creating and implementing efficient systems to ensure organized and effective operations of the sports department. This position will work primarily in the office but must be willing to work nights, weekends and special events.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING TO HIRE:
Looking for a highly organized, detail oriented, hardworking, and positive team member who is eager to work in sports. The ideal candidate must have strong communication and customer service skills, and a proven ability to communicate effectively with youth, parents, volunteers, co-workers and employees.
- Responsible for answering calls and e-mails from customers, coaches, part time staff and public. Answering each request/concern as soon as possible to ensure ultimate customer service.
- Registration of participants both on-line and in coordination with front desk staff.
- Checking registrations to ensure all information is accurate.
- Create on-line registration pages on web-site for each sport/class/camp.
- Tracking and logging of attendance for each sport.
- Assigning teams to rosters and roster assignments in coordination with desk staff, checking to ensure youth are placed on the correct team.
- Calculate and turn in part time employee timesheets ensuring that hours worked match with work schedules.
- Ensure all new part time employee paperwork is completed, including background checks, working with Finance/ HR department.
- In coordination with Finance/HR department, ensure that background checks are completed for all volunteers/coaches before they start working with youth in sports programs.
- Responsible for all communication, organization, and execution of rentals utilizing all sport facilities. Including scheduling rentals into our on-line system, communicating with other departments, developing rental agreements and invoices. Making sure that renters have proper paperwork and rental fees turned in prior to their scheduled rental time.
- Make phone calls to participants from previous years that have not registered for current programs.
- Work with sports department to assist with any needs of day to day operations. Including but not limited to: scheduling of games and practices, equipment inventory, equipment and uniform ordering, staff scheduling of referees, umpires, scorekeepers, etc.
- Attend required Boys & Girls Club and sports department trainings and meetings.
- Adhere to BGCK and BGCA policies, procedures and membership requirements.
- Work with sports department in planning and executing special events such as Family Day, Picture Day, tournaments and other events.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Ensure a team based work environment by communicating effectively and positively with supervisors, co-workers, sports staff and volunteers.
- Ability to communicate in a timely manner and be in close contact with other Boys & Girls Club departments as needed in relation to the sports department.
- Make recommendations regarding department’s needs, new ideas, and facility needs.
- Will be in direct contact with our customers including youth, parents/guardians, and others for assistance and in resolving issues and concerns.
- Will be in direct contact with outside entities that are inquiring or are already renting space in our sports facilities.
- Four-year degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience.
- Solid understanding of traditional athletic sports including rules, training, staffing, and equipment needs.
- Ability to effectively operate a computer and computer programs used by the Club.
- Driver’s License, good driving record, and personal liability insurance required.
- CPR and First Aid Certification preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Evening and weekend hours required for this position.
- Ability to walk, stand, sit and climb stairs.
- Possess an adequate level of manual dexterity and sense of balance.
- Possess good near distance acuity (20 feet or less), far distance acuity (more than 20 feet), three dimensional depth perception and color distinction.
- Ability to tolerate environmental conditions: air conditioning, heat, dust fumes, noise, close quarters, etc.
- Ability to lift and move objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.