Director of Food Services
Director of Youth Services
How to Apply:
Applicants can apply by submitting a resume to Andrea Prichard at [email protected]
Salary Range: $34,000-$36,000
To prepare, cook and serve nutritious daily meals to students in accordance with defined standards and quality.
CACFP, SFSP Responsibilities:
- Be able to work in a fast paced kitchen environment.
- Maintain compliance with DPI and USDA requirements.
- Order and take delivery of supplies.
- Prepare menus for each meal in advance.
- Keep accurate records of meals served.
- Keep accurate production records for all items served daily at each meal service.
- Prepares a variety of meats, poultry, vegetables, fruits and other food items for cooking in a variety of kitchen equipment.
- Refer to menu at the start of each shift.
- Promptly reports equipment and food quality or shortage problems to Director of Youth Services.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking. methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, recipes, policies and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products to assure a smooth service period.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area.
- Handles, stores, labels, and rotates all products properly and in accordance to applicable state laws.
- Closes and cleans/sanitizes the kitchen properly.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Ensure a team based work environment by communicating effectively and positively with supervisors, co-workers and volunteers.
- Make recommendations regarding kitchen/concession needs.
- May be asked to participate in special programs and or events. These events may be scheduled at times when the Club is not open.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Culinary Arts.
- ServSafe Sanitation Certification.
- Must be able to read and follow a recipe unsupervised.
- Be willing to follow direction and ask questions for clarification if needed.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to walk, stand, sit and climb stairs.
- Possess an adequate level of manual dexterity and sense of balance.
- Possess good near distance acuity (20 feet or less), far distance acuity (more than 20 feet), three dimensional depth perception and color distinction.
- Ability to tolerate environmental conditions: air conditioning, heat, dust fumes, noise, close quarters, etc.
- Ability to lift and move objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.