Director of Food Services
Director of Youth Services
To prepare, cook and serve nutritious daily meals to students in accordance with defined standards and quality.
CACFP, SFSP Responsibilities:
- Be able to work in a fast paced kitchen environment.
- Maintain compliance with DPI and USDA requirements.
- Order and take delivery of supplies.
- Prepare menus for each meal in advance.
- Keep accurate records of meals served.
- Keep accurate production records for all items served daily at each meal service.
- Prepares a variety of meats, poultry, vegetables, fruits and other food items for cooking in a variety of kitchen equipment.
- Refer to menu at the start of each shift.
- Promptly reports equipment and food quality or shortage problems to Director of Youth Services.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking. methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, recipes, policies and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products to assure a smooth service period.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary workstation area.
- Handles, stores, labels, and rotates all products properly and in accordance to applicable state laws.
- Closes and cleans/sanitizes the kitchen properly.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Ensure a team based work environment by communicating effectively and positively with supervisors, co-workers and volunteers.
- Make recommendations regarding kitchen/concession needs.
- May be asked to participate in special programs and or events. These events may be scheduled at times when the Club is not open.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Culinary Arts.
- ServSafe Sanitation Certification.
- Must be able to read and follow a recipe unsupervised.
- Be willing to follow direction and ask questions for clarification if needed.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to walk, stand, sit and climb stairs.
- Possess an adequate level of manual dexterity and sense of balance.
- Possess good near distance acuity (20 feet or less), far distance acuity (more than 20 feet), three dimensional depth perception and color distinction.
- Ability to tolerate environmental conditions: air conditioning, heat, dust fumes, noise, close quarters, etc.
- Ability to lift and move objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
How to Apply:
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.