Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha
TITLE: Director of Facilities
PROFILE SOURCE: Management Professional
REPORTS TO: Chief Professional Officer
SALARY RANGE: $47,000-$53,000
Interested and qualified applicants should submit resume with cover letter to CEO, Jake McGhee, at [email protected]
The Director of Facilities shall be responsible for initiating, administering, supervising, coordinating and evaluating all custodial, maintenance, transportation and ground services throughout all Facilities of the Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Assumes responsibility for administering, supervising and coordinating all facilities
- Directs, supervises and coordinates all aspects of facility services
- Develop an annual budget for the facilities services operations
- Assist the Director of Finance in developing a long-range capital improvement and capital equipment plan,
- Assumes responsibility for department budget development, preparation, long-range
- Monitor and control monthly expenses for facility services operations against budget plan
- Obtain quotes for approved upgrades, repairs and other services
- Build and maintain relationships with vendors
- Report to Property Management Committee on status of facilities
- Responsible for the maintenance and upgrading of the computer-based energy management system, work order and preventative programs
- Reviews and coordinates building use requests
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal safety regulations.
- Assists in the planning, coordination and monitoring of construction and renovation
- Plan work schedules and maintenance requirements
- Plan and schedule all work activity, projects and tasks for all facility staff
- Schedules routine and preventative maintenance, cleaning and inspection of grounds, buildings, structures, plumbing, electrical fixtures, appliances, HVAC equipment and other facility components
- Purchases supplies as necessary for building operations from suppliers, vendors and contractors
- Maintains inventory control system for equipment and supplies
- Conduct performance reviews and associated evaluations of all Department staff
- Interview, hire and provide appropriate training for new employees within the maintenance department
- Develop a continuing job training program for all facility employees
- Responsible for the timely approval and submission of accurate timecards for staff
- Assumes responsibility for administering, supervising and coordinating all Technology services
- Assist in setup, tear down and planning of Special Events
- Performs other duties as may be assigned
- Responsible for developing policies and procedures to maintain a safe environment to future the mission of our organization.
Internal: Maintains close contact with assigned staff to provide technical assistance in matters of programming and operations; interacts regularly with Chief Professional Officer and as assigned with the Board and its Committees.
External: Maintains contact with external community groups, schools, and others.
- A minimum of five years work experience in non-profit agency operations management and supervision, or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Considerable knowledge of: the mission, objectives, policies, programs and procedures of Boys & Girls Clubs; of the principles and practices of non-profit organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, direct and coordinate operations; in personnel supervision, the recruitment and retention of key personnel; facilities management; and budget management.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and to develop solutions to problems with limited supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Club staff, subordinates, Board members, community groups, and other related agencies.
- Driver’s License, good driving record, personal liability insurance (100,000/300,000) and insurability with BGCK insurance carrier required.