Title: Chief Executive Officer, Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha
Reports to: Board of Directors
Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha, WI is Kenosha’s largest nonprofit after-school and youth development organization providing positive, educational, leadership, recreational and character-building programs for thousands of Kenosha youth ages 6 to 18 across Kenosha County, WI. Operating out of a new 78,000 square foot community center that includes an indoor soccer field, a large field house as well as the traditional Boys & Girls Club Youth and Teen Centers, the Kenosha club’s mission is to inspire, enable and provide resources to all young people of Greater Kenosha to realize their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens.
Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha is actively seeking a highly motivated, uniquely qualified and dynamic leader to serve as the Chief Executive Officer to provide leadership, direction and support to the Board of Directors in developing organizational goals, attaining and allocating resources, and establishing Club policies. The Chief Executive Officer will be involved in all aspects of the Club’s operations, reporting to and working closely with the local volunteer Board of Directors.
- Implement programs, services and activities that support youth development outcomes in a safe, clean environment
- Monitor and approve the organization’s program services and assure achievement of its mission and goals
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of the organization, to include submission to the Board of Directors a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization
- Oversee development of financial and strategic plans to strengthen the organization
- Formulate and execute comprehensive marketing, branding, and development strategies that ensure consistency throughout the organization and enhance revenue from major donors, foundations, corporations, government agencies and the general public
- Develop strategic fundraising plans for solicitation of new donors as well as cultivation and stewardship of donors
- Develop strategic alliances with community leaders and local and state officials
- Participate in the recruitment, development and retention of effective board members
- Communicate effectively with the Board of Directors and provide, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and make informed decisions
- Recruit, develop and retain a high performing team of dedicated staff members and energize talent in support of the club’s mission
- Assure that the organization is in compliance with membership requirements for the Boys & Girls Club of America and other regulatory agencies to ensure a safe environment for children
- Ensure productive and effective staff performance and manage the performance of a high impact leadership team
- Promote the development of staff through training and leadership programs. Demonstrated ability to effectively supervise professional and other staff
- May be assigned special projects periodically by the Board of Directors
- Internal: Board of Directors, Club Staff, Volunteers
- External: Potential and current donors, community leaders and other partners, community groups, neighbors and stakeholders
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university preferred
Minimum of eight years’ work experience in an executive or senior leadership role in a nonprofit agency or for profit business
Ability to develop donor relationships that can produce sustained giving
Ability to work with board and community contacts to gain entry to funding opportunities
Clear understanding of financial and grant management
Demonstrated ability to organize, direct, plan and coordinate operations in a multi-unit organization
Leadership skills, including negotiation, problem solving, decision making and delegation
Strong communication skills, both oral and written
Working knowledge of computer software. Working knowledge of social media.
Driver License, good driving record, and personal liability insurance (100,000/300,000) required
Salary minimum $120,000 and commensurate with experience. Benefits package includes health, dental, vision and 401(k).
To apply for this position please click this to take you to the Boys & Girls Club of America page.
The BGCK is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Boys and Girls Club of Kenosha, based in Kenosha, Wisconsin, is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded in 1992. The BGCK is a strong, stable organization that is well-positioned for continued success in the years to come. The Boys & Girls Club is Kenosha’s largest provider of after-school activities, delinquency and gang prevention programs, youth employment opportunities, arts programs and sports/recreation programs. Our programs teach skills, build character and are fun for the youth involved. The Board and internal team are passionate, committed, and aligned in their path forward. From this great baseline, the BGCK Board seeks a transformational chief executive officer to stretch the organization to new levels and accomplish a bold vision for the future.
The BGCK is guided by its foundational purpose and direction as outlined in the organization’s Mission, Vision, and Values. This core framework informs our strategic and operational decisions on a day-to-day basis:
To impact the most young people possible, especially those who need us most, to realize their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
By the year 2022, we envision a future where the Club:
- Provides a safe, educational, and fun place for the youth of Kenosha while expanding our average daily attendance, number of service sites and total youth served.
- Grows our current $3,000,000 budget to further expand our presence in the community while building its endowment to ensure sustainability for the future.
- Engages in the community on a well-rounded basis, increasing partnerships and acting as a change agent for impacting the community as a whole.
We do the right thing.
We trust and rely on our team.
We own our actions and embrace feedback.
We respect others, the Club, and our diverse culture.
We pursue excellence through high standards and innovation.
We are fun and family friendly.
The BGCK brings together local youth, community stakeholders, and federal, state and local government interests in a consensus-based forum. The organization accomplishes its goals through fundraising, developing partnerships and implementing evidence based best practices to serve youth in the community.
The organization is governed by a 32-person board of directors representing various interests and is managed by a full-time Chief Executive Officer with 20 full- time employees, hundreds of part-time employees, and a $3.1 million budget.