TITLE: Weekend/Evening Building Supervisor & Concessions Manager
REPORTS TO: Sports Director and Assistant Sports Director
HOURS: must be available to work night and weekend shifts
HOW TO APPLY: Applicants can apply by and filling out an Employment Application or submitting resumes to [email protected]
Responsible for ensuring the safety of the Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha’s occupants and visitors. Frequently checking all areas of the building to ensure that members, program participants, rental groups and sport spectators have all room set up and equipment needs, and are complying with all rules and regulations of the Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha.
Overseeing all duties associated with running a concession stand including, but not limited to, product inventory, stocking of concessions and vending machines, purchasing food and beverages, staff management and scheduling, employee training, concession cleanliness, opening and closing procedures.
Responsibilities for Building Supervisor
- Responsible for the safety of every person in the building and must be able to move building occupants to safety in an emergency, call 911, and administer first aid, CPR as necessary.
- Follow buildings opening procedures.
- Immediately check building schedule for the day’s rentals events.
- Plan your day according to the schedule, working with maintenance staff to ensure rooms are set up, and proper equipment is available.
- Greet all members, program participants, guests, volunteers and guide them to the appropriate areas in the building.
- All rental income must be entered according to the cash handling procedures in the front desk manual.
- Consistently tour building to ensure that everyone is safe and having a good experience.
- Control access to all areas ensuring that all doors and areas are secured.
- Perform light maintenance duties including but not limited to, picking up garbage, cleaning up spills and replacing washroom necessities.
- Make recommendations regarding customer’s needs and facility needs to Front Desk Supervisor.
- Follow buildings closing procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Participate in scheduled staff meetings and trainings.
- Staff must wear their ID badge and a Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha staff shirt.
Responsibilities for Concession Manager
- Manage concessions staff and give direction.
- Oversee all events when concessions is open.
- Oversee product inventory including and stocking.
- Maintain facility and equipment cleanliness
- Take lead on scheduling, training and assisting concession attendants
- Ability to operate software used by the club
- Open and close concessions on time
- Responsible for all money brought in to match the receipt of all sold products
- Ability to work a flexible schedule involving evenings and weekends.
SKILL/KNOWLEDGE/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Must be 18 years old or older.
- Experience working in food service.
- Must possess First Aid and CPR Certification.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and be good ambassador of the Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha.
- Ability to work with others and give/take direction.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate and work with youth, parents, volunteers and community members.
- Ability to make quick decisions based on observations.
- Ability to pay close attention to details.
- Communicate decisions soundly and effectively
- Ability to walk, stand, sit and climb stairs.
- Possess an adequate level of manual dexterity and sense of balance.
- Possess good near distance acuity (20 feet or less), far distance acuity (more than 20 feet), three dimensional depth perception and color distinction.
- Ability to tolerate environmental conditions: air conditioning, heat, noise, close quarters, etc.
- Ability to lift and move objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.