Youth Services Coordinator
Director of Youth Services
How to Apply:
Applicants can apply by submitting a resume to Andrea Prichard at firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary Range: $30,000-$32,000
Responsible for the development, implementation and supervision of after school service programs for youth ages 6-12 at the Boys & Girls Club Youth Centers. Primarily responsible for overseeing the delivery of a broad range of programs by assisting program staff to plan, develop, and implement programs and activities that reflect both the Core Program Areas of the Boys & Girls Club and grant objectives.
Prepare Youth for Success
- Plan and oversee the administration of designated programs and activities that support Youth Development Outcomes.
- Ensure programs, services and activities prepare youth for success, promoting safety of members and quality in programs at all times.
- Demonstrate leadership to assure conduct, safety and development of members.
Program Development and Implementation
- Establish program objectives consistent with organizational goals and mission.
- Oversee program activities in accordance with established standards and goals, ensuring the health and safety of members at all times.
- When Youth Center is open responsible for being on the floor at all times evaluating and coaching staff.
- Ensure the evaluation of programs on a continual basis and make sure that programs/activities respond to member needs and address their gender and cultural diversity.
- Provide regular feedback to program staff to develop skill in program development and implementation.
- Manage grant implementation, record keeping and reporting following the established guidelines of Grantors.
- Manage relationships, schedule and set up programming with any outside organizations.
- Manage all program volunteers through, interviewing, paperwork, volunteer manual and scheduling their time.
- Develop system to track volunteers and volunteer hours.
- Contacting members to inform them about membership expiring.
- Develop relationships and be a liaison to staff with parents/guardians.
- Assist in implementation of bussing program.
- Assist in hiring and supervising program specialists.
- Support in assisting staff with behavior management of members in the Youth Center.
- Provide program support to Youth Center through regular program evaluations.
- Assist in problem solving the day to day operations in the Youth Center.
- Identify and support training and development opportunities for assigned volunteers and staff. Assist in training staff on program implementation.
- Oversee proper record keeping and reporting including membership, activities and events. Including breakdown of daily participation and any problems/issues.
- Assist in written evaluations of staff.
- Assist Director of Youth Services in the development and implementation of a strategic planning process including the development of annual program objectives.
- Initiate new programs and develop and maintain community partnerships.
- Assist Program Specialists in planning, organizing and implementing programs and activities for members.
- Initiate new programs and develop and maintain community partnerships
- Maintain consistent communications with school principals and staff as needed.
- Assist with the development and management of annual budgets.
- Purchase supplies in accordance with budgets.
- Oversee the implementation of special programs and events.
- Will be required to drive Club van.
- Work with parents and members concerning any problems or issues.
- Represent the Boys & Girls club on appropriate committees as directed.
- Attend necessary meetings and trainings.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Internal: Maintain close, daily contact with staff and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain or interpret guidelines/instructions; instruct, and advise/counsel staff.
External: Maintain contact as needed with external community groups, schools, members, parents and others to assist in resolving problems
- Four year degree in related field from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
- Experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar organization planning and supervising and implementing programs based on the developmental needs of young people.
- Ability to effectively operate a computer and programs used by the Boys & Girls Club.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Group leadership skills, including an understanding of group dynamics.
- Demonstrated organizational, staff, and project management abilities.
- Demonstrated ability working with youth, parents, and community leaders.
- Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certifications.
- Drivers License required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to walk, stand, sit and climb stairs.
- Possess an adequate level of manual dexterity and sense of balance.
- Possess good near distance acuity (20 feet or less), far distance acuity (more than 20 feet), three dimensional depth perception and color distinction.
- Ability to tolerate environmental conditions: air conditioning, heat, dust fumes, noise, close quarters, etc.
- Ability to lift and move objects weighing up to 50 pounds.