Youth Program Specialist
Monday-Thursday from 3pm-7pm and Friday 11am-5pm
Director of Youth Services
How to Apply:
Applicants can apply by submitting resumes to the Director of Youth Services, Andrea Prichard at email@example.com
Implement, supervise, develop and evaluate all programs and activities in the program area of Youth Center for members ages 6-12.
- Effectively administer programs and activities for youth age 6-12.
- Develop lesson plans, and implement programs according to the plans.
- Develop relationships with youth to ensure trust and confidence in them, to recruit them to participate in programs and increase membership.
- Promote and develop leadership skills to members.
- Teach youth how to develop relationships with role models and mentors.
- Promote youth programs to members at the youth center. Such as, but not limited to Smart Moves, Healthy Habits, Power Hour, Triple Play, etc
- Implement and enforce all Club rules and policies with the members.
- Ensure a safe, healthy and positive environment in the Youth Areas as well as the rest of the center.
- Maintain and utilize appropriate and adequate equipment for programs.
- Actively supervise and engage members at all times.
- Follow established policies and procedures of the center.
- Model and encourage positive and constructive behavior of all members.
- Do safety checks of your program area and equipment and report any findings.
- Maintain and a clean and safe environment of assigned program area.
- Monitor and evaluate programs in conjunction with the Site Director.
- Participate in scheduled staff meetings and trainings.
- Staff must wear their ID badge and a BGC shirt.
- Ensure a team based work environment by communicating effectively and positively with supervisors, co-workers and volunteers.
- Make recommendations regarding member’s needs, program ideas, and facility needs.
- May be asked to participate in special programs and or events. These events may be scheduled at times when the Club is not open.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to work scheduled hours.
- Experience working with youth ages 6-12
- Ability to effectively operate a computer and programs used by the Club.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior.
- Good Driving Record and Valid Drivers License.