Youth Program Specialist
School Year: Monday-Thursday from 3pm-7pm and Friday 11am-5pm, Non-School days Monday- Thursday 12:00pm-5:00pm and Fridays 11:30am-5:00pm
Director of Youth Services
How to Apply:
Applicants can apply by submitting resumes to the Director of Youth Services, Andrea Prichard at firstname.lastname@example.org
Implement, supervise, develop and evaluate all programs and activities in the program area of Youth Center for members ages 6-12.
- Effectively administer programs and activities for youth age 6-12.
- Develop lesson plans, and implement programs according to the plans.
- Develop relationships with youth to ensure trust and confidence in them, to recruit them to participate in programs and increase membership.
- Promote and develop leadership skills to members.
- Teach youth how to develop relationships with role models and mentors.
- Promote youth programs to members at the youth center. Such as, but not limited to Smart Moves, Healthy Habits, Power Hour, Triple Play, etc
- Implement and enforce all Club rules and policies with the members.
- Ensure a safe, healthy and positive environment in the Youth Areas as well as the rest of the center.
- Maintain and utilize appropriate and adequate equipment for programs.
- Actively supervise and engage members at all times.
- Follow established policies and procedures of the center.
- Model and encourage positive and constructive behavior of all members.
- Do safety checks of your program area and equipment and report any findings.
- Maintain and a clean and safe environment of assigned program area.
- Monitor and evaluate programs in conjunction with the Site Director.
- Participate in scheduled staff meetings and trainings.
- Staff must wear their ID badge and a BGC shirt.
- Ensure a team based work environment by communicating effectively and positively with supervisors, co-workers and volunteers.
- Make recommendations regarding member’s needs, program ideas, and facility needs.
- May be asked to participate in special programs and or events. These events may be scheduled at times when the Club is not open.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to work scheduled hours.
- Experience working with youth ages 6-12
- Ability to effectively operate a computer and programs used by the Club.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior.
- Good Driving Record and Valid Drivers License.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.