Hours will be 18-20 hours per week. After-school. Position will start September 4th, with training a week prior.
How to Apply:
Supports the development and supervision of after school service programs, as directed by the Site Director. Implement, and evaluate programs and activities for members at the Jefferson Elementary Extension.
Learning Center Responsibilities:
- Effectively administer programs and activities for youth members.
- Implement and ensure that power hour has an academic focus.
- Develop lesson plans, and implement programs according to the plans.
- Implement and enforce all site rules and policies with the members.
- Ensure a safe, healthy and positive environment in the site.
- Maintain and utilize appropriate and adequate equipment for programs.
- Actively supervise and engage members at all times.
- Follow established policies and procedures of the site.
- Model and encourage positive and constructive behavior of all members.
- Do safety checks of your program area and equipment and report any findings.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment of assigned program area.
- Monitor programs in conjunction with the Site Director.
- Participate in scheduled staff meetings and trainings.
- Staff must wear their ID badge and a BGC shirt.
- Ensure a team based work environment by communicating effectively and positively with supervisors, co-workers and volunteers.
- Make recommendations regarding member’s needs, program ideas, and facility needs.
- May be asked to participate in special programs and or events. These events may be scheduled at times when the Club is not open.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to work scheduled hours.
- Experience working with youth.
- Ability to effectively operate a computer and programs used by the site.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior.
- Must provide a negative TB test prior to employment.