Outreach & Prevention Coordinator
Director of Outreach & Prevention
How to Apply:
Applicants can apply by submitting a resume to Felicia Dalton at email@example.com
Salary Range: $30,000-$32,000
Hours: Hours will vary, most days 11am-8pm, others 9am-5pm.
Implement, facilitate, develop and evaluate all programs, activities, services and special events in the program area of teen and gang prevention programming.
- Assist in the delivery of programs, activities, and events as directed for youth of various ages
- Develop lesson plans, and implement programs according to program schedule.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with teen members.
- Safely secure, maintain and utilize program materials/equipment in program areas.
- Work with teens to develop realistic academic and career goals.
- Develop positive leadership skills, relationships and life skills in teen members.
- Foster collaborations with colleges and local agencies using interns/volunteers to help with homework.
- Promote Teen programs, such as: but not limited to Career Launch, Keystone Club, Money Matters etc to members at the drop in center and within the community.
- Implement and enforce all Club rules and policies with the members.
- Ensure a safe, healthy and positive environment in the Teen Center through active engagement
- Facilitate groups geared towards at risk youth at various schools utilizing Street SMART curriculum
- Monitor and evaluate programs in conjunction with the Director of Outreach and Prevention.
- Assist Director of Outreach and Prevention and Director of Community Service when needed
- Provide supportive services to Youth Empowerment and Prevention program case managed youth.
- Develop and maintain relationships with local agencies and schools to ensure continuity of care for case managed youth.
- Submit accurate required reporting in a timely manner in accordance with program and/or grant requirements.
- Participate in various committees, coalitions and networks to learn of current trends and needs of at-risk youth population.
- Transport case managed youth as needed to and from scheduled appointments
- Document case managed youth activities in accordance with policies and procedures
- Safely transport teen members to field trips and or special events using club vehicle.
- Participate in scheduled staff meetings and training.
- Ensure a team based work environment by communicating effectively and positively with supervisors, co-workers and volunteers.
- Make recommendations regarding member’s needs, program ideas, and facility needs.
- May be asked to participate in special programs and or events. These events may be scheduled at times when the Club is not open.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Assumes responsibility for the Teen Center when the Director is not in the building. Opens and closes Teen Center.
- Four-year degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience-Human service, social work, criminal justice preferred but not required.
- Case and file management experience is preferred
- Proven ability to establish relationships within the community that will enhance care given to youth.
- Ability to work scheduled hours and have flexibility when needed
- Experience working with at-risk youth
- Ability to effectively operate a computer and programs used by the Club. MS Office and web competency preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Direct experience working with youth between the ages of 13-18.
- Knowledge of trends, both negative and positive, in community that impact youth served
- Ability to motivate youth and manage at risk behavior.
- Ability to work independently and in a team effort.
- Good driving record and valid driver’s license.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.