JOB TITLE: Facilities Maintenance Worker
HOW TO APPLY: Qualified candidates may submit a resume to the Director of Operations, Kathy Holland, at email@example.com
SUMMARY: Under limited supervision, performs a variety of semi-skilled work in the maintenance department of The Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha properties; and performs related duties as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Troubleshoots minor maintenance problems involving electrical, structural, plumbing, and equipment repair or replacement.
- Performs preventive building maintenance duties.
- Performs routine plumbing repairs such as unstopping toilets, sinks or urinals, fixing water leaks, leaking faucets, and water fountains.
- Performs routine electrical repairs such as changing light bulbs or fluorescent lamps and assists in repairing ballast and light fixtures.
- Purchases supplies, equipment, and materials necessary to complete projects.
- Assembles furniture.
- Repairs and replaces door knobs or locks, repairs door closures, patches holes in walls.
- Paints interior and exterior walls.
- Perform grounds task such as but not limited to cutting, trimming and edging of grass.
- Perform grounds task such as but not limited to snow removal.
- Rotates weekend coverage.
- Inspects control panels and electrical wiring to identify issues.
- Performs preventive maintenance procedures on building mechanical equipment on a scheduled basis; inspects belts, checks fluid levels, replaces filters, greases bearings, seals, etc.; repairs or replaces broken parts.
- Responds to emergency maintenance requests as required.
- Maintains records of scheduled maintenance procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of trades related to building maintenance and repair.
- Knowledge of a variety of building maintenance procedures and techniques.
- Knowledge of machinery, equipment, and tools necessary for the maintenance and repair of public buildings.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Skill in reading and following blueprints and assembly instructions.
- Skills in following safety practices and recognizing hazards.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with BGCK staff and the public.
- Basic knowledge of HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written.
- Effectively use a variety of hand and power tools.
- Operate appropriate lifts as needed to perform duties of the job.
- Review and identify projects needed to be serviced by outside contractors.
- Maintain work logs and service requests.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work involves moderate to heavy work in all types of weather. There is frequent need to stand, stoop, walk, lift heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) and perform other similar actions during the course of the workday. The Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School diploma or GED and one (1) year building maintenance experience, or any equivalent combination of training and experience. A valid driver’s license and insurance is required. The ability to operate a computer and related software.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Valid Driver’s License.
SALARY: $32,00-$36,000, based on experience
COMPANY PROFILE: The Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha professionally trained staff and volunteers supervise wholesome, constructive activities that guide youth toward successful health, social, educational and character building skills. Programming also promotes positive emotional behavior and attitudes for youth between the ages of 6 and 18. We support all youth in Kenosha County with a primary focus on economically, socially, educationally and physically disadvantaged youth. Mission Statement: “To inspire, enable and provide resources to all young people of Greater Kenosha to realize their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens.”