JOB TITLE: Facilities Maintenance Worker
REPORTS TO: Director of Facilities
HOW TO APPLY: Qualified candidates may submit a resume to the the CEO, Jake McGhee, at email@example.com
SUMMARY: Under limited supervision, performs a variety of skilled work in the maintenance department of The Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha properties; and performs related duties as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Troubleshoots minor maintenance problems involving electrical, structural, plumbing, and equipment repair or replacement.
- Performs preventive building maintenance duties,
- Performs routine plumbing repairs such as unstopping toilets, sinks or urinals, fixing water leaks, leaking faucets, and water fountains.
- Performs routine electrical repairs such as changing light bulbs or fluorescent lamps and assists in repairing ballast and light fixtures.
- Purchases supplies, equipment, and materials necessary to complete projects.
- Assembles and moves furniture, hangs pictures and bulletin boards, makes name plates, moves and sets up tables and chairs.
- Repairs and replaces door knobs or locks, repairs door closures, patches holes in walls.
- Paints interior and exterior walls.
- Perform grounds task such as but not limited to cutting, trimming and edging of grass.
- Perform grounds task such as but not limited to snow removal.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of trades related to building maintenance and repair.
- Knowledge of a variety of building maintenance procedures and techniques.
- Knowledge of machinery, equipment, and tools necessary for the maintenance and repair of public buildings.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Skill in reading and following blueprints and assembly instructions.
- Skills in following safety practices and recognizing hazards.
- Skill in using hand and power tools.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with BGCK staff and the public.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Work involves moderate to heavy work in all types of weather. There is frequent need to stand, stoop, walk, lift heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) and perform other similar actions during the course of the workday. The Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment.
- High School diploma or GED and one (1) year building maintenance experience, or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A valid driver’s license and insurance is required.
- The ability to operate a computer and related software.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
COMPANY PROFILE: The Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha professionally trained staff and volunteers supervise wholesome, constructive activities that guide youth toward successful health, social, educational and character building skills. Programming also promotes positive emotional behavior and attitudes for youth between the ages of 6 and 18. We support all youth in Kenosha County with a primary focus on economically, socially, educationally and physically disadvantaged youth. Mission Statement: “To inspire, enable and provide resources to all young people of Greater Kenosha to realize their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens.”