TITLE: Concessions Worker
REPORTS TO: Assistant Sports Director
HOURS: must be available to work night and weekend shifts
Responsible for the daily duties that go into running a concessions stand including, but not limited to, food preparation, stocking, serving customers, taking orders, counting money, cleaning, and cooking. Maintain cleanliness of the facility and perform all related tasks of opening, running, and closing down the facility.
- Represent Boys & Girls Club and knowledge of programs and activities.
- Ability to create change without using a calculator
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work with others and give/take direction
- Demonstrate the ability to serve youth, parents and community
- Ability to operate software used by the club
- Open and close concessions on time
- Serve customers in a timely fashion
- Clean area after being used
- Communicate any errors with supervisor
- Restock supplies as needed
- Responsible for all money brought in to match the receipt of what is sold
- Ensure a team based work environment by communicating effectively and positively with supervisors, co-workers and volunteers.
- Make recommendations regarding member’s needs, program ideas, and facility needs.
External: Ensure a positive attitude and representation of the Boys & Girls Club is had while working with customers utilizing the concession stand.
SKILL/KNOWLEDGE/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Must be 16 years old or older.
- Experience working with people and/or in food service.
- Ability to walk, stand, sit and climb stairs.
- Possess an adequate level of manual dexterity and sense of balance.
- Possess good near distance acuity (20 feet or less), far distance acuity (more than 20 feet), three dimensional depth perception and color distinction.
- Ability to tolerate environmental conditions: air conditioning, heat, dust fumes, noise, close quarters, etc.
- Ability to lift and move objects weighing up to 50 pounds.