Assistant Director of Maintenance
Director of Facilities
How to Apply:
Applicants can apply by emailing resume to the CEO, Jake McGhee, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Troubleshoots minor maintenance problems involving electrical, structural, plumbing, and equipment repair or replacement.
- Performs preventive building maintenance duties.
- Performs routine plumbing repairs such as unstopping toilets, sinks or urinals, fixing water leaks, leaking faucets, and water fountains.
- Performs routine electrical repairs such as changing light bulbs or fluorescent lamps and assists in repairing ballast and light fixtures.
- Purchases supplies, equipment, and materials necessary to complete projects.
- Assembles furniture.
- Repairs and replaces door knobs or locks, repairs door closures, patches holes in walls.
- Paints interior and exterior walls.
- Perform grounds task such as but not limited to cutting, trimming and edging of grass.
- Perform grounds task such as but not limited to snow removal.
- Rotates weekend coverage.
- Inspects control panels and electrical wiring to identify issues.
- Performs preventive maintenance procedures on building mechanical equipment on a scheduled basis; inspects belts, checks fluid levels, replaces filters, greases bearings, seals, etc.; repairs or replaces broken parts.
- Responds to emergency maintenance requests as required.
- Maintains records of scheduled maintenance procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of trades related to building maintenance and repair.
- Knowledge of a variety of building maintenance procedures and techniques.
- Knowledge of machinery, equipment, and tools necessary for the maintenance and repair of public buildings.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Skill in reading and following blueprints and assembly instructions.
- Skills in following safety practices and recognizing hazards.
- Skill in using hand and power tools.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with BGCK staff and the public.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Work involves moderate to heavy work in all types of weather.
- There is frequent need to stand, stoop, walk, lift heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) and perform other similar actions during the course of the workday.
- The Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment.
- High School diploma or GED and one (1) year building maintenance experience, or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A valid driver’s license and insurance is required.
- The ability to operate a computer and related software.