Monday-Thursday 2:30pm-7pm and Friday from 10:30am-5:00pm
Director of Youth Services
How to Apply:
Responsible for overseeing the delivery of a broad range of programs with a primary concern for the Core Program area, “The Arts”. Implement, supervise and evaluate all Arts programs for members ages 6-18.
- Effectively administer programs and activities for youth age 6-18.
- Oversee Performing Arts Program Specialist to ensure they are following lesson plans and implementing programs. Ensure productive and effective performance.
- Develop lesson plans, and implement programs according to the plans.
- Maintain an inventory of all program equipment and supplies. Recommend purchases.
- Recruit and encourage members to participate in the Boys & Girls Club of America Fine Arts Program.
- Help to implement a drop-in-center Art Show for the National Fine Arts Competition.
- Display member’s artwork around the drop-in-center.
- Promote Arts Room programs to members at the drop in center such as, but not limited to Image Makers, Sculpting, drawing, creative writing, etc.
- Recruit and encourage members to participate in Performing Arts programs.
- Implement performances for the center, and in the community
- Promote programs to members at the drop in center such as, but not limited to all types of dance, theater, singing, composing, poetry and more.
- Initiate new programs.
- Develop and maintain community partnerships for program collaborations.
- Implement and enforce all Club rules and policies with the members.
- Ensure a safe, healthy and positive environment in the Arts Rooms, Theater as well as the rest of the drop in center.
- Maintain and utilize appropriate and adequate equipment for programs.
- Actively supervise and engage members at all times.
- Increase visibility of Club programs
- Follow established policies and procedures of the drop-in center.
- Model and encourage positive and constructive behavior of all members.
- Do safety checks of your program area and equipment and report any findings.
- Maintain and a clean and safe environment of assigned program area.
- Monitor and evaluate programs in conjunction with the Director of Youth Services
- Participate in scheduled staff meetings and trainings.
- Staff must wear their ID badge and a BGC shirt.
- Ensure a team based work environment by communicating effectively and positively with supervisors, co-workers and volunteers.
- Make recommendations regarding member’s needs, program ideas, and facility needs.
- May be asked to participate in special programs and or events. These events may be scheduled at times when the Club is not open.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to work scheduled hours.
- Experience working with youth ages 6-18
- Ability to effectively operate a computer and programs used by the Club.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior.